Monday, March 23, 2020


I was thrilled to see my son's video on A song for Hong Kong gone out quite well. I was pleased with my guitar playing. I am not a singer really and I have not got a strong voice, there we are.

My children told me I had to learn how to make a video myself. My 4 kids would not teach me much .So I asked Lindsay, Ryan's girlfriend and live in lady for 10 years. She showed me some ways but it was not easy. And I remember Fraser, another IT teacher and head of IT in my old college I used to teach for 9 years. We were friends more because we both play guitars. In fact Fraser plays bagpipe and guitar.

One Xmas, we just happen to have 2 guitars and we jammed quite well. I emailed Fraser for help how to  make a video and he said that he would ask around  and sent me v useful info.

From then, I took photoes on my mobile phone relevant to the lyrics of my future songs. Interesting, I tried to remember the songs that I used to sing over the years. I searched my folders of old songs I used to sing and lyrics I wrote.

Must tell u my mobile phone can record my songs better than my laptop. The acoustics in my dining room is so good. Also 2 or 3 years ago, I bought a Fender guitar on line and it is so good, the sound can match my old Japanese guitar I have for 50 years.

Last October, we went to Devon somewhere for 1 week with 8 friends. We stayed at a national trust location with old rooms and buildings. The acoustics were good. So I picked up my guitar and played and recorded another song that I have singing for years.....You and me.

On you tube................



https://youtu.be/Xc5czSoLt48


Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment